Darvin Mason moves hay bales out of the way as the RM of Maple Creek Fire Department puts out a stack of bales that caught fire at the Mason ranch six kilometres south of town on Nov. 27. The fire broke out just after 1 p.m. after Mason moved some bales. The rancher suspects the bales combusted when he removed bales around the three-year-old stack, allowing oxygen to enter the damp bales and light them up. A stack of about 20 bales was consumed.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.