Logo
September 19, 2021 8.5°C

Cypress Health sees budget increase for 2016-17

Posted on July 28, 2016 by Maple Creek

Megan Roth
Twitter: @MeganMCNews
Email: mroth@maplecreeknews.com

The Cypress Health Board approved a balanced budget of $142.8 million for the 2016-17 fiscal year at their last meeting on July 21.
The budget is balanced between budgeted revenues and expenses.
The 2016-17 budget will be an increase of $6.7 million, or 4.93 per cent, from the previous fiscal year. Cypress Health says the increase in the budget is to compensate for “increases in previously negotiated collective bargaining agreements” as well as increased staffing at The Meadows.
Cypress Health Region is being affected by the $7.5 million health care administration cut from the Government of Saskatchewan’s provincial budget. The health region’s share of this total equates to $438,000. To meet the decrease from the provincial government  the health region will be decreasing administration travel, the reduction of one vice president and the reduction of one out of scope manager.
Beth Vachon, CEO for Cypress Health, emphasized the region’s commitment to putting the patient first while also balancing each year’s budget. “Our focus is to ensure the safety of patients and staff while putting the needs of our patients at the forefront of everything we do. As a region we are continually striving towards our vision of being leaders in rural health excellence and having a balanced budget each year is an important step towards the achievement of that vision.”
Provincial funding will account for a total of 91.6 per cent of the health region’s operating revenue. The remaining 8.4 per cent will be made up through long term care and home care fees, third party charges and other recoveries.
“We are committed to providing high quality care and continuing our work towards meeting the targets and priorities of the province,” said Lyle Quintin, CRHA Chairperson.
The region will spend 81 per cent of its overall budget on medical services compensation and the salaries and benefits of its 1,875 employees. The largest categories of expenditures consist of inpatient and resident services (62 per cent), community health services (16 per cent), and support services (22 per cent).
“Our board also recognizes that all health regions must work together to ensure the long-term sustainability of the health system and we take seriously the responsibility of the dollars entrusted to us,” said Quintin

Share and Enjoy !

0Shares
0 0

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Get More Maple Creek News
Log In To Comment Latest Paper Subscribe