Details of the proposed Graduation Day community parade on Friday (June 25) have been released.
The parade starts at 5pm and will be a chance for residents to salute the graduates as they pass through town on vehicle-pulled trailers.
The entire hospital will be circled.
The route will be as follows:
• From the golf course, up to 5th Avenue;
• West on 5th Avenue from the Elks Hall across Highway 21 to the Southwest Integrated Healthcare Facility turn-off;
•Turn north into the hospital and long-term care parking lot. Circle the entire hospital;
• Back onto the Fort Walsh Highway, east to Highway 21;
• North on Highway 21 to 4th Avenue;
• East on 4th Avenue to Jasper Street;
• North on Jasper Street to Pacific Avenue;
• East on Pacific Avenue to Sidney Street;
• South on Sidney Street to 5th Avenue; and
• East on 5th, and south back to the golf course.
The planned route was on the agenda at Tuesday’s Maple Creek Town Council meeting.
It had been submitted by Corrie Scott on behalf of the Grad Parent Committee. Council approved the route and expressed support for the parade.
Councillor Jill Roy believed it allowed more people in the community to enjoy the celebration of Maple Creek Composite School graduates.
Graduation Day will also feature a ceremony for parents and graduates. It will start at 1.30pm and be held in the field off Louis Avenue, next to the main school building.